Monday, January 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home, and one Little Boy Richer

We are home!!! We got back last night and were dead tired. Our dear friends who had been house-sitting and dog-sitting for us had dinner ready, along with Welcome Home signs and a balloon, and scrumptious cupcakes! John's parents picked us up at the airport and stayed for dinner. It was fun, despite our exhaustion! And Isaac was pretty happy too, even tho he was a tired little boy as well. Thanks guys!

I have meticulous notes of the week, which I'll get to in the days to come, but I had the following email ready to send, and then never got back to use the internet. So, we'll start with this:

We hit the jackpot!
  1. He's cute as a button.

  2. He eats like a horse.

  3. He loves to sleep.

  4. He screams when he really gets the giggles.

  5. He has a mouthful of teeth.

  6. He has chunky leg rolls and a big round belly. :)

  7. He has loads of soft curly hair.

  8. He's a snuggler, especially when he's sleepy.

  9. His first word was “poop.” Ok, well, not really his first word. It was just the first word I recognized as an actual word. (Which in Amharic is "caca" by the way, which is what he actually said.) Also note this word is also used for dirty or for trash. But in this particular event, it meant poop, because he was sitting on the potty trying to go, which I'm sure he'd be really glad for you all to know. :)

  10. He jabbers a lot. I don't know how much is actual words, and how much is jabber, because I am not good at Amharic. But we have recognized several words so far: beep (car), hello (phone), pee-pee (self-explanatory), caca (see above), ennan (mine), es (ball, which is actually kwahs), up (up- John taught him this one since we got here), ma (give me- I don't know what the real word is in Amharic, but this is what he says), tootoh (bottle), woohah or wooah if he's feeling lazy (water)

  11. He is sort of potty trained. He tells you if he needs to go - sometimes (see number 9), or if you just sit him on there at an opportune time he usually goes.



For some reason, I can't get more pictures to load right now.
I'll try again later, but for now, this one'll have to do ya.

Now. In case you are one of the CHI families for whom I took pictures, this is on my list of things to do tonight. I'll get to it as soon as I can, I promise! I was not long ago in your shoes... :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Williams family. Your son is cute as a button!!!! Can't wait to follow this chapter of your journey. Hope you all have a smooth transition. Tami is absolutely adorable and handsome!!!!! Very happy for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sheresa, my brain stopped thinking clearly when I read your post and I said "Williams" family ...sorry girl ... I meant to say "Wilson" of course.... thanks again for the pics. Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete