Tuesday, January 12, 2010

40 hours, and The Latest Breaking News

We've been back now 40 hours. We've been to the doctor (and met my coworkers). We played Kick the Volleyball with Grandpa at the office yesterday, and met John's coworkers. Isaac Tamirat was totally sacked out last night, and fell asleep around 4. We woke him up at 6 enough to eat (wouldn't miss a chance to eat for anything!) but he was so grumpy and sleepy we had him back in bed by 730. This morning he's been wide awake and in a really good mood... since a little before 5. :)

He tolerates the dog better already. It sort of became a game to yell at Stanley when he came close instead of a scream of terror and death grip on your neck like at first. By now, Isaac's even reached out and touched him a couple times, as long as he's safely perched on the couch where Stanley can't reach. :) Not bad for a day. I think they'll be best buds in no time.

I got my first kiss today! It was very wet there on my cheek, mildly snotty, and deliriously precious. :)

Since there was some degree of nonsensical-ness with his measurements, this is what I learned at the doctor: (at 22 months)

Weight: 26 pounds (between the 25th and 50th percentiles)
Height: 33.25 inches (between the 25th and 50th percentiles)
Head Circumference: 19.25 inches (between the 50th and 75th percentiles)

So look at that! He's on the charts and dare I say it... Normal?! :) Notably, he's off the charts for hair curliness, and of course cuteness. The doctor said he looked extremely healthy except for his snotty nose, which he is now being treated for, so hopefully it'll get better soon.

Speaking of snotty noses, both John and I picked up colds in Ethiopia, so lately I've been clearing my throat a lot and making this highly attractive snorting/hacking/coughing sound trying to get the drainage out of my throat (I know, right? Great mental picture for ya. You're welcome.). Isaac Tamirat finds this quite amusing and has taken to imitating this with a sort of growling, snorty cough sound. (I think he might be making fun of me. I'm not quite sure what to do about this.) ;)

He found a birthmark on my skin, and keeps trying to wipe it off. "Caca" he says. He thinks it's dirty.

Ok, so... this is becoming a serious Grandma post (as in, any other human would find this horrifically and narcolepsy-inducingly boring.) so I'll just post a few pictures for now. :)


Almost a smile- Our First Day


Ready for Bed


In his Christmas Best

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sheresa he is so precious. Glad the first 40 hrs back home where great. I'm sure he'll warm up to Stanley before the week is over!!

    ReplyDelete