Happy Father's Day! (For real this time. I know I said it last week too- and then deleted it, so no, you don't have to go back and read it to make fun of me. It's not there anymore.) Valerie told me it was Father's Day last week, and I was naive and believed her. Being here is like a time warp, so whatever. If it weren't for posting on this blog with the date and day count, I'd have no idea what the day/date was at all. Anyway. For real this time, Happy Father's Day, John! We're so thankful to have you as the Ababa in our family. :)
I have no news to report for today. We are mostly packed up, but I don't yet where we're going. Kelly was supposed to be looking into some stuff for us, but I didn't hear from her at all today. I'm assuming we're headed to the Hotel Royal, at least for a night or 2, and we'll see after that. I'm really just hoping that our visas are ready SOON so we can forget alternative plans and just go home! We are definitely praying for that.
We did the usual things today. Breakfast, dishes, baths, packing (that one was new), laundry, play, lunch, nap, swim til we shiver, play some more, supper, hair and nails time, bedtime. That's pretty much our existance here. We skyped with Grandpa and Grandma. We skyped with Ababa and Isaac a few times throughout the day.
I don't really know what to make of Isaac these days. Mostly he refuses to talk to me. After 2 seconds of skyping he declares himself done and tries to hang up. I suppose indifference is a more comfortable feeling than sadness, and I think that's just his way of coping. I miss him so much, and can't wait to all be home together. Although I'm pretty sure poor Isaac isn't gonna know what hit him when Hurricane Eli walks through the door. That kid thinks he's in charge.
There was some music playing this morning that I thought was probably from a church, but I don't remember it on previous Sundays. Anyway, it was kind of nice.
I can't remember if I posted this before but anyway. The other day we measured the kids' waists, and they were within 1/2 inch of each other. haha. Eli is such a skinny little guy, and Raya's eating us out of house and home. (Good thing he's small. Maybe Isaac can still take him!)
Sorry, no pictures again today. Seriously. I've been so lazy about that. One of these days I'll have to give it a try...
just got caught up on your blog. i'm so so sorry to hear you didn't make your flights out. :( you can do it... only a few more days. little isaac will be fine when you get home. if it's any consolation, ty refused to speak to me while i was away too.
ReplyDeleteso happy to hear the kids are gaining weight. hope eli finds american food super yummy! and mostly i hope to hear you're not homeless tomorrow!
hang in there, friend. you will all be under one roof very, very soon! (amber, hope you're doing well too! you're quite the awesome aunt!) i'm sorry i'm doing so horrible at emailing, we have family in town and a whole host of other things we can discuss at the park SOON!
Hang in there. Thinking of you and your family often. Praying that you get all the papers you need to be on one continent again.
ReplyDelete