Friday, June 15, 2012

DRC Day 19

Well, the bad news just keeps coming in. Not only do we just keep extending our stay here, but now we are soon to be homeless. I went and talked to the owner here at Sunny Day, and explained that our papers weren't done yet, and they think we will be here til next Saturday. Unfortunately, they are all booked up here, and we have to be out on Monday.

I emailed St. Anne's (another place a lot of adoptive families stay) and they are also full.

There is a place I can contact that is out of town a little bit, and is nice and quiet and cheaper, but has little to no internet access. Which, given my email addiction and my high priority on skyping regularly with John & Isaac, is kind of a deal-breaker for me.

That leaves a really expensive hotel in town, which I have no contact information for, but that's where Kelly is staying starting tonight. I did contact her to look into this option for us. Or else our very kind (and obviously slightly insane) neighbors said we could move a mattress into their room for the nights they are full here.

We are going to discuss it again tomorrow.

We also were supposed to make a grocery run today, but that was cancelled at the last minute because traffic was particularly bad, and David was running late. Too bad, because I had a lot of very self-indulgent things on my list (ice cream, brownie mix, etc) for my pity party I was planning. It was really not good.

And finally, I came back to my room tonight to find that my computer is dead. It has been sort of having neurological problems for a while, but had been more or less fixed, but today decided again that it didn't want to charge the battery or recognize that it is actually plugged in. So... now I have a dead computer too. Which is just perfect.

Thankfully, I also brought my ipad (I told you I had addictions) so I am not completely left without contact with the world, but it's much easier to blog from my computer. (Hence the new background. The old one's background didn't load properly on the ipad, and I couldn't even read it.) And I do have an adaptor thing, but have never tried to do pictures on the ipad, and certainly they will not be edited if I do find a way to post some.

The only good thing that went on today was that we ordered pizza, and it was delicious. And then we ate chocolate (donated by the kind neighbors who took pity on us pathetic people). And they were also delicious. And we hung out and played with hair, and the children terrorized each other as usual, and now my boy is asleep, and my girl is... working on it.

And even though it is only 9pm, soon I hope to be asleep myself. Tomorrow is bound to be better.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good grief! I wish there was something we could do for you:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet lady. Praying for your family and hoping for good news for you all soon. Hang int there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet lady. Praying for your family and hoping for good news for you all soon. Hang int there.

    ReplyDelete