Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Sort of Waiting

This has been an exciting week!

First we signed some papers.

Then we called a lot of people and celebrated...

bought, painted, and hung up some letters...



We registered for baby gifts, in case anyone cares to buy one. Then we went home and read the reviews online, and took half of it back off...

I frequently stare at his picture and dream about him.

My son.

How weird does that sound? I've never had one of those before.

We have our social worker finishing up our home study addendum, and we have to send it to USCIS and then wait for a new I-171H, but from what I can tell, this is not a hold up for us being assigned a court date, so my best estimate is still late January.

In other news, courts in Ethiopia are open again after that rainy season. (They typically close between late August and early October.) CHI's update said they were technically open, but some of the staff are still not back working yet. Within the next couple weeks things will be getting back up and going as usual. Hopefully we'll get a court date one of these days! (Usually I think families wait a month or so for these. So we'll see.)

Hope your week was as exciting! (But I sincerely doubt it.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait!!!!!! I want to meet him NOW

    ReplyDelete