3... count 'em: three! families got court dates today. Super fast ones, too... Oct 23 (This friday!) and Oct 29 (next week!) and I don't know when the third one is (!). There was also another referral today, and a new child added to the waiting list! Looks like things are finally getting going again in Ethiopia, so that is super-awesome! That means we are 3 spots closer for court dates, which is also super-awesome!
I think those families actually got their referrals in July already, tho, just in time for courts to close and therefore wait painfully and excruciatingly long for a court date. In which case, it could be a bit yet on our court date since our referral was just a few weeks ago. I can't speak for agencies everywhere, but our agency at least got very few referrals between July and October, tho, so maybe not that long after all. You know what would be super-awesome times one million and seven?! If Isaac was home in time for Christmas. But let's not get our hopes up for that lest we set ourselves up for disappointment. Clearly I don't have any insight into anything, and I am just rambling. That said, I am happy for the court-dated families, and I am happy that we are getting closer to scooping up Isaac, and happy that courts are opening up again. Not bad for a Monday, eh?
Also, the tallies are in, I may in fact have expanded significantly to have now THREE loyal bloggies! Success, dear friends, success.
Christmas would totally rock!!!!! Although Andrew tells everyone that we are going to see you for Christmas and again after his birthday so we'll still get to come twice and see him twice too :)
ReplyDeletecorrection... 4 loyal bloggies... unless of course i don't count in which case... disregard this message :)
ReplyDeleteI am lately a loyal reader inasmuch as your posts can be directed straight to iGoogle. ;)
ReplyDeleteThe action in the courts sounds great!