Saturday, October 13, 2012

In Which We Delve Into the Wonderful and Challenging World of Baby Girl Hair.

This is Raya.  She is looking rather Fro-tastic these days.

Previously, I had ventured no farther than the ornamented headband, 
such as the very stylish look shown here (circa Mid-June):
although recently, I admit I've been lazy and rarely even done that.


So yesterday we tried our hand at something called "Flat Rope Twists." but baby style.
Cuz her hair, pulled straight, is about 2 to 2.5 inches long.

So here she is after the new 'do! 
Still smiling.  :)

She actually didn't do too bad in the "Sitting  Somewhat Still and Not Screaming" department, 
considering sitting on a lap is one of her favorite things anyway.
(Tho historically, she's not a fan of someone tugging on her hair.)

  But she was a trooper.
(And we did take a break part way through.)

And clearly I was drunk, because those lines are NOT straight.

Anyway, here is the sleeping princess on day 2.

It held up much better than I thought!  
(I didn't have high hopes of it lasting more than a day.)
She has a lot of fly-aways, or "baby hairs," if you will.  :)
I suppose I could have used more product when I put it in, but then it gets slippery to hold on to, especially since it's not that long to begin with.   
But overall, I'm pretty proud of the effort.


Love her.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I think you did a terrific job! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about the sweet braids I put in her hair in August?? those stayed in all of 15 minutes but I also didn't have any product

    ReplyDelete