Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Eli!

Today is my younger son's birthday.   (Younger son!  I love saying that.)

Dear Eli,
You're 2, buddy!  I really wanted to be there to spend this day with you.  But I will be there soon, and I hope wherever you are today, that you feel loved.  You have a present sitting here at our house.  Your house.  And in a few weeks, you can open it.  (I'll try and stave off your present-hungry older brother until then.) :)  And sometime this summer when this has started to feel like your house, we'll have a little party and eat cake and ice cream and celebrate how thankful we are that you were born.  And that you are home with us.  And how much we love you.

I can't wait!  And for today, I will keep packing, and thinking of you, and thanking God for you.   And feel a little bit sad that I'm not there to kiss your cheeks and sing to you.  Well, actually, you should feel happy to have gotten out of the singing part.  :)

Happy Birthday, Eli!  See you soon.
Love, Mommy.

2 comments: