I was trying to wait patiently on an update of our papers, and finally broke down and emailed my agency. We're supposed to be leaving in just a few days, and I really wanted to know if our corrections were done and we were good to leave. Stephanie said she'd let me know as soon as she had an update, so I was beginning to get worried, and was sort of bracing myself for bad news when I called her today.
But all I got was voice mail.
Three times.
I'm not big on leaving messages and waiting, and I know she's been really busy lately, so I decided to email Kelly (the agency director) since everything has to go through her anyway, and she often gets around to responding to emails faster than Stephanie does. She reported that she has been "assured that the papers would be delivered to Kinshasa on Thursday," along with my kids and their escort nannies! My babies are comin' to the 'hood! And I am too! Yahoo!
(The kids have to come a little early so their embassy-required medical exams and whatever else can be done. It'll save some time if that's done before we get there, apparently.)
I later got an email from Stephanie (who probably noticed my 3 missed calls) who said she'd be calling me tomorrow with all the details, but that everything was a-ok for traveling.
So thankful out papers are done, and we're good to go get our babes!
4 days to liftoff!
6 days til I can squeeze my babies in person!!!
Can. Not. Wait.
(Although, I admit every time I think of leaving my Isaac for that long, I become quite nauseous. So there is that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment