Monday, April 30, 2012

In Which a Soccer Star is Born

Nothing like 4 year olds playing soccer to brighten one's dampened spirits.  

Isaac's first ever soccer game was Saturday.  
Unfortunately, it was in the 40s and raining, which made for some chilly little players.

(Take note of The Game Face.  This kid means Business.)

I'm proud to report that Isaac scored the first goal of the season.
Too bad it was in the other team's goal box.
(He later scored one for his own team as well.  Just to keep things fair.)

They run in packs.

"Isaac, don't just stand there!  Go run after the ball!"


Discussing game strategy.
"Which one is our goal?  That one over there!"


(And having now watched a couple of practices and a game, 
I can say with a high degree of certainty that there is a lot more 
dandelion-picking involved than I originally anticipated.  
But then, I've never played soccer.  So who am I to say?)

 
Looks like he's about to steal it from his teammate.
Go Red Team!

(Next week if I'm not running so late, I hope to bring my video camera.  
Good times Ahead, Folks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment