Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Almost Like a Sentence

Isaac pretty much speaks in sentences these days. You have to listen, tho. Things like "I want" and "I don't want" sound almost exactly the same, but have just the slightest inflection differences.

Here are some sentence-like , tho...

I want Bayou. (Ok, not really Bayou. He says "I want by you" meaning he wants to sit next to you or on your lap.
I want by you too.
I want booger. (Don't be alarmed. "Booger" is actually Isaac-ese for Yogurt.)
MY Mommy. No URRR Mommy! (When I committed the treason of holding his little pal Levi.)
I Tickley! (He wants you to tickle him. Or maybe you already are.)
Sanney, Be Quiet! (If Stanley barks.)
Wight on. (He loves light switches lately.)
Ababa turn. (Also Mommy turn, or Isaac turn.)
I want story. (or book.)
Too woud. (He often says this meaning "I'm scared." Occasionally, he does say he's scared. Usually of something loud. In his world, loud and scary are pretty much synonymous.
I want again. (Read it again. Also, "More.")
I did it, Mommy! (like, he put his shoe on himself, or put on some article of clothing more or less by himself.)
"W'Sat, Ababa?" (What's that?)
Biggie. (The book "If you give a pig a pancake.)
I want Cay-cake. (Pancake. One of his favorite foods.)
Sickey. (Stickey.)
Shoes on.
Nah-night time.
I seepy, mommy. (I'm sleepy)
I want chockit. (Chocolate. He gets this from me. The chocoholism, I mean. Not usually the chocolate.)
Mommy Car. (Convenienetly, he's good at finding my car in the parking lot.  I, on the other hand... not so much.)








No comments:

Post a Comment