Once upon a time, I got an Africa-shaped cookie cutter here. (There is a button on the side if you are so inspired as to purchase your own.) What's better than cookies, Africa, and supporting someone else's adoption!? :)
Also note, my actual cookie cutter is more complicated than that one, with curves along the edges, and much more realistically Africa-looking. Except that Somalia is tilted a bit northeast. But I digress...
Obviously I had to try it out! And... It's super-awesome!
(Also, I love cookies!)
And since I am feeling so generous, I will include my favorite Cutter Cookie Recipe: (Compliments of Betty Crocker circa 1969)
Deluxe Sugar Cookies
1 c butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 t almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t soda
1 t cream of tartar
Mix together. Chill 2-3 hours. Preheat oven to 375. Roll out dough over lightly floured surface to a thickness of 3/16 inch*. Cut into shapes, and sprinkle with sugar. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes* or until lightly brown on edges.
Note: I like mine thicker, and chewy instead of crisp. Therefore, I roll it out thicker, and it has to bake a couple minutes longer. Maybe 9 or 10 minutes.
Anyway. Here they are:

Yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment