Monday, March 2, 2009

103 is my New Favorite Number

Today, we have learned this amazing and wonderful fact: Currently we are number 103 on the list. That means, that a mere 102* people stand between me and my baby boy. No prob, Bob. I am practically there (after a long and agonizing wait of undetermined length).

*Note: These 102 people aren't necessarily "in front of" us, because they could be requesting, for instance, a baby girl. Or a sibling group. Or an older child. Or anything else besides a sweet, perfect, and beautiful** little baby boy between the ages of 0-24 months. In this case, they would really be considered to be waiting in a different line, however, there is actually only one line, so they would still be officially in front of me, even tho they are not, really. Got that? Great.

** Also Note: These qualities will be inherent in the word "MINE."

To inspire you, here is a picture, of (at least according to google) a little Ethiopian boy.
How can you not fall in love with a smile like that?


Happy Monday.

5 comments:

  1. so how often do they let you know what your number is? - mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- i do believe that you have previously mentioned that you do not have favorite numbers becuase they cannot be favorite... therefore you have changed your mind and are now in favor of favorite numbers

    2- i am more in love with the eyes :) get me every time

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Yes, I have hereby changed my mind about favorite numbers. This is likely temporary, just until we have a referral. Also, my favorite number is just an estimate and thus includes surrounding numbers. Finally, it will be changing weekly. Just to explain.

    2. I agree about the eyes. I almost said eyes, and after I wrote "smile," I almost changed it to eyes, but in the end, I couldn't decide. I love them both. Along with every other piece of his darling little face. This little boy is a complete doll. (And mind is too. I just haven't seen him yet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And in reference to the original question: They don't. Not really. They only told us this time because we asked. I suppose we can ask from time to time, but they really don't put much emphasis on the numbers, because depending on what age and gender and number of the child(ren) the families before you on the list are waiting for, the may or may not actually get a referral before you. There are many variables. That said, it's a rough idea. And they send out an email update every Friday that usually includes how many referrals they received that week. So, as long as I can subtract, I will generally have an idea of my number. For what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete