This morning was the medical exam for the visa. Nothing too extensive. Just your basic exam and height/weight, etc. E weighed in at a whopping 18 lbs, with clothes, shoes, and a wet diaper. He was 27.5 inches long. They draw blood for tb testing for kids over 2, so we dodged that bullet, thankfully. They said he had no murmur! That’s exciting. I’m very interested to hear what the cardiologist will have to say when we get back home and get him more thoroughly checked out.
He seems to be more energetic as time goes on. Crawling around more, standing longer. I feel this might be related to the massive amount of food he consumes on a daily basis. I thought maybe he would have gained some by now. Maybe he has- it’s hard to say since I don’t know how they weighed him the first time. Or how accurate the measurements are, considering he also supposedly just shrunk by 2.5 inches.
He also comes over near me more often, and a couple times has even lifted up his arms to be picked up. Maybe he’s starting to like me after all!
We hung out this afternoon in our room, and there was a paperwork meeting in preparation for the upcoming consulate appointments and whatnot. Then we went out to supper tonight with the new families that got into town after spending the last week in their child’s respective provinces. It’s good to have some new faces and families to hang out with. There’s one family who has been here all week as well (their baby is also from the GZ area) but they have been pretty intent on keeping to themselves, which is fine, but it’s also fun to get out and meet people. We got Mexican food, which was good. I just found it entertaining that we were out eating Mexican food in China. J



No comments:
Post a Comment