Thursday, October 16, 2014

Time Flies

Man, it's been so long.  I used to be such an avid blogger and blog-stalker, but lately I just don't keep up.  Life has been busy.  School started, Isaac's in first grade, and loves it.  He's getting so much better at reading!  This kid, he eats an unbelievable amount of food.  I cannot imagine the grocery bill when he's a teenager.  I guess he needs a lot of energy, tho.  His favorite thing is recess, where he generally entertains himself by running races with his friends, or playing soccer.



Eli and Isaac are both playing soccer this fall, which is so much fun, and hilarious!  4 year old soccer is my favorite, because it can only be described as total chaos. Kids running every which way, kicking haphazardly at the ball.  Eli runs on and off the field willy nilly, when he feels like he needs a drink, or to tell me he scored a goal, or because he doesn't feel like sitting on the bench anymore, or he needs a break to go grab a stick off a tree and play ninja for a few minutes. Seriously.  It's the best.
Watching Isaac's game while he's waiting for his turn.

This was after his 6th goal of the game.  Notably, they were playing without goalies, but still, I was impressed.  It was so cute, tho, after the first few goals he scored, he did this muscle pose.  Of course, I never had my camera ready for that.  But I still think he's the cutest.  :) 

So. Much. Fun.

Cheerleader!
 

Raya is talking and singing up a storm.  She loves to tell long stories, and while most often I can understand her, when she's on a fast streak, I'm totally lost.  She loves all things Frozen, and we frequently hear stories about Elsa and Anna and Snowman.  When she gets to wear her Elsa shirt, it requires rejoicing with jumping up and down and screaming in joy.  Raya still believes she is the boss of the world, and does not like to be told No.  I suppose that's typical of any 2 year old.


Such a big girl riding her bike!

No updates on Ephraim.  Still waiting for the "reviewed" status, which could be anytime in the next few weeks I suppose.  We're still probably looking at January or February for travel.  I don't have any new pictures or updates or anything on him, which is kind of a bummer.  His orphanage seems to be really not into sending those out.

No comments:

Post a Comment