Isaac plays soccer.
And baseball.
(He usually plays third base, but his moment of catching glory was too cute to pass up!)
It keeps us busy. I'm not sure why we decided it was a good idea to do both simultaneously, but he sure has a good time anyway.
And we are getting good at watching and cheering. (Or not watching and eating a lot of snacks. Depending on who we are referring to.) And actually it's been really fun to watch. Isaac has really gotten better this year in soccer. Something really clicked, and he's much better about being aware of where the ball is, and that he should be kicking it down the field to make a goal. Last game he scored 4 goals! (The team's total score was 5, and the 5th was scored by the goalie of the opposing team, and even that was after stopping one of Isaac's kicks. Yeah... little Mama Brag Moment there.) ;)
Eli is sad he's not quite old enough to play, having missed the age cutoff by about 6 weeks. He can play in the fall. He can't wait! (However, I can. They start much too late in the fall for my preference, and by the end, it's much too cold for enjoyable soccer!) And this one. He is hilarious. Which surprises no one whose ever met him, I'm sure.
Raya is talking up a storm, but I only catch about 20% of what she says. But boy does she have a lot to say. Heaven help us when those are actual words! We're about to get an earful, I think.
This weekend we did Ribs. For those who don't know, "Ribs" is when John and his dad and brother in law grill 100 or so pounds of ribs and then people come over and eat and have a little get together. This happens about twice per year, and is generally a good time.
And for the record, it's looking like a no-go on homeschooling for this year at least. I was game, but John wasn't feelin' it. So... we'll give it another year and see what we think.












No comments:
Post a Comment