I have no idea. (Actually, it's German for "dearest." I did learn that much.)
Apparently it's an "Award" for small blogs (less than 200 followers), in honor of their incessant and often overlooked awesomeness. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Unfortunately, I don't think I actually won anything. But I'll let you know if checks start arriving in the mail.
So I guess this is how it works. I come up with 11 interesting things about myself. Then answer the 11 questions the person who nominated me wrote. Then come up with 11 questions to ask the next people. Then nominate 11 new people, and let them know of their nomination. (Apparently the Germans really like the number 11.)
Sounds like your basic chain letter to me, but it might be fun. So let's go.
11 Things About Me:
1. I am Awesome, and I recently won the Liebster
2. I have long toes. When I was in high school, and detasseled in the summer, the other kids called me Monkey Toes. That'll teach me to take off my shoes on the bus ride home.
3. I detasseled for 3 or 4 summers. It was actually way more fun than you think. I also worked as a lifeguard (and had a good tan). And later a nursing assistant. I have never worked in fast food. I have however, eaten fast food.
4. I don't drink pop. I gave it up my junior year of high school when I was being oh-so-healthy and running cross country, and that sort. And... with very rare exception, I have not had pop since then. I don't actually like it much anymore.
5. I've dreamed of adopting lots of babies ever since I was a fetus.
6. Lots of babies.
7. Formerly, I ran a lot. Currently, I aspire to run a lot again, but in reality, I mostly sit on the couch in my spare time. You know, when I'm not sitting on the floor in the laundry room... folding laundry.
8. I love Jen Hatmaker. And Tom Davis. And Harry Potter. And I want to go to Summit 9 Orphan Care conference. I'm kind of addicted to adoption. Which has nothing at all to do with Harry Potter. ...Except that he was an orphan, now that I think of it.
9. I'm stronger than I look. No really. I'm like a beefcake. A really tall... scrawny... beefcake.
10. I hate winter, and I'd much prefer to live some place warmer. (How 'bout it, John?!)
11. I wish I was a great and powerful photographer. But... I'm actually a very lazy and mediocre photographer with a nice camera that I barely know how to use.
And Questions from Sara:
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Mind-reading. Hands down. That is my favorite of my super powers.
2. Favorite tv show: Historically, I would say ER. Especially in the earlier seasons, when it was more medical drama, less relationship drama. More recently, I like crime dramas. SVU, CSI, NCIS. You know, those shows that are really just a jumble of letters. (You didn't mean I need to pick just one, did you?)
3. Hobbies: Enforcing timeouts. Changing diapers. Doing laundry and dishes. Picking up toys. Watching tv after kids' bedtime. Occasionally, blogging.
4. What vegetable to you dislike and refuse to eat?
Um... mostly I like veggies just fine. I'm not really a picky eater, especially if I don't have to cook it. I don't like brussel sprouts, tho. They kind of taste like dirt.
5. If you could have only one dessert for the rest of your life what would it be?
Something chocolate, served with ice cream and pecans on top. Also, cheesecake. Also, cookie dough. Also, kisses with almonds. Also, chocolate covered caramels. Also...
6. Funny Fact about me:
I love dessert. Is that funny?
7. If you were stuck on a desert island, what 3 objects (not people) would you want with you?
1. A boat. 2. An oar, or better yet, a motor. 3. A glass of iced tea. And a map.
8. Favorite Summer Activity: Anything that does not involve bundling up to go outside, freezing to death if you forgo the obligatory and aforementioned bundling, or driving over treacherous and icy roads. Which, given the fact that it's summer, means: basically everything.
9. Early Bird or Night Owl? Night owl at heart. Early(ish) Bird by practice. Only by force.
10.If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? For missions: Africa. Specifically, Eastern Congo. For pleasure: Italy. And basically the rest of Europe.
11. Favorite Childhood Toy:
My baby brother. Seriously. Best. Dolly. Ever.
I fed him chocolate milk in his bottle and he loved me the best. :)
Who am I tagging? Well... Most everyone I know of has already been tagged.
So... 10Pounds of Fun.
and Incredible Family.
and Riggalicious Reflections.
If you want to play along, have at it. :)
I almost forgot! In case you decide to go ahead and play, here are your questions:
1. What are you reading right now?
2. What is your favorite movie quote of all time?
3. If you could re-live any year/time period of your life, knowing what you know now, and have a total do-over, what would it be?
4. If you could re-live any year/time period of your life, and have it be just the same, what would it be?
5. What countries have you been to?
6. What's your favorite blog? (As if I need more blogs to follow!)
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
8. What's your favorite meal?
9. If you have a bad cold, and you know your nose is going to be blown a lot, what brand of tissues would you like to use?
10. What is your secret talent?
11. What would be your dream job?
Fun :) okay, I'll get on it
ReplyDeleteHilarious!! I chuckled all the way through! :) Suzanne (waiting for 2 boys from LB)
ReplyDelete