Monday, January 21, 2013

Things Going On (Now, with Pictures!)

It's been a while.  Seems like in my post-holidays winter dreariness, there hasn't been all that much to say, and I appear to have gotten lazy again with my picture-taking responsibilities.

Nevertheless, here are some of the highlights:


Giddy up horsey!

1.  Isaac has 2 loose teeth.  One is getting to be very loose, and while this idea might be exciting to some kids, to my Isaac it's terrifying.  He's either very dramatic (yes!) and/or has the lowest pain tolerance of any human on the planet (probably) which means that any attempt to approach the wiggling tooth is met with much weeping and gnashing of teeth.  He then declares that he hates the Tooth Fairy and her stupid money too, and he'll just keep his baby teeth forever, thankyouverymuch.  I wouldn't mind so much except that his permanent tooth is already coming in inside the baby tooth, and every time I think about it I toss another dollar in the Future Orthodontia jar.  Seriously.  Considering the underbite which is clearly a prominent trait in the Congolese population of this household, I better start throwing in $20s.


2.  Raya is getting to be a more avid walker.  She still generally prefers crawling since it's faster, but with a little coaxing, she can take several steps in a row.  It's not fast, and it takes a lot of concentration, but she gets it done.

3.  Eli... hasn't changed that much.  I guess he talks a lot these days, and has only one volume, which is LOUD.  And he does NOT like the cold weather.


Brrr.

4.  We still have our Christmas tree up.  We didn't get around to putting it up until Dec. 23, but even at that I'm getting sick of it. However, to date I have been too lazy to take it down. John says if we just leave it there all year, we won't have to bother putting it back up next year.  I guess that's one perspective.



5.  My brother and SIL are adopting from the Congo.  Wahoo!  Hooray for a Congolese cousin!
  
Yes, it's true.  I do actually glow in the dark.

6.  I guess that's about it.  You can check back later and see if I ever get around to adding some pics to this post.  :)  *Edited:  Now with pictures!*

3 comments:

  1. yay for fun pictures!!!! Except for the creepy tooth picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Isaac gets that fun trait from me. I had to have several of my teeth extracted by the dentist for that reason. Some were not even loose yet! I'm sure our parents appreciated paying for that instead of just the regular tooth fairy rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hialrious, and love the pictures. I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog:) Always get a laugh when I visit.

    ReplyDelete