Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kiddie Conversations, Chapter 2

One day we were driving along, and Isaac suddenly demands "Mommy, No touch-a sun, okay?  Okay, Mommy?  No touch-a sun.


Um... Ok, Isaac.  I promise not to touch the sun.
***
So a few days later we were driving along, and Isaac was again pointing out the sun, and I remarked, "Yeah, but we don't touch the sun, huh?"  


And Isaac replied, "No!  It's hot!  Blow it!"   
***
(Pretending to "sound out" a word)
"K"... "K"... "K"...    Fish!
***
Isaac (pointing to the floor): Ababa, come sit right here!
Ababa (sitting on the couch):  No, Isaac, I'm going to stay sitting here for now.
Isaac (pointing again):  Ababa, Sit!  (pause)  One... Two...
(On three, Isaac gets a Time Out if he doesn't follow directions.)
***
Hey Mommy!  Hey Ababa!  Whatcha doin' guys?!
***
I gave Isaac a haircut, and by the end he was surrounded by little curls on the floor.  He did not love this aspect.  

"What's that on the floor? Mommy clean it up please." and points to the trash. "Put it in here."
***
Isaac was sitting at the table, and Ababa walks down the hall to the bathroom. Isaac hears the door open and close, and says "Where Ababa going?"
Mommy: Sounds like he's going to the potty.
Isaac: Oh. Ababa Gettin' Stinky?
(I suppose you can guess where Isaac ends up when he starts "Gettin' Stinky.")

No comments:

Post a Comment