Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big Boy

Isaac has had a bit of a stomach issue of late, and we brought him to the doctor on Wednesday. It was also time for his regular check up, so we just did that too while we were there.

He is getting big! He is 29.5 pounds, and 36 inches. (Right at 50%iles for both!)

The doctor was very impressed with his verbal aptitude. He figgers I got me one smart cookie. :)

Also, he had to get blood drawn again (boo.) Tho I think the sight of blood was at least as hard on him as the needle part. He freaked out when he saw his arm was bleeding afterwards.

He also got 2 shots (rough day, i know.) I was in the other room at this point, seeing my own patients quick-a-minute, but don't worry, he was in good hands with our nurses at the clinic. Anyway, they said he did really good. Cried for about 1 second on the first poke, none on the second poke, and afterwards, when the nurse picked him up to give him a hug, he said "that was fast!" Haha. Such a goof. I think he probably meant that she was trying to hurry and get done or something, because I can't think he has a frame of reference for how long it takes someone to give 2 shots, but anyway, the nurse found that highly amusing.

So, in summary, in case you had forgotten: he is a stud! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment